Monday, June 21, 2010

Boulder Creek Stake Girls Camp

I was very lucky to be able to attend girls camp at Camp LaMia this year with my stake. I went up with a few friends working in the Craft cabin as a Craft Lady. We left on Wed, Jun 16th and returned on Saturday, June 19th. It was busy but very fun. I love going to camp. It gives me great "girl" time and there is nothing like the spirit at camp. Wednesday was our busiest craft day. The girls made necklaces. Panic started to set in as we realized we were short on some supplies. Because of a combination of a bunch of girls making more than one, without permission, and the total numbers were off a bit. So Thursday, during the hike, we took a road trip into Payson for more stuff. Luckily we found a craft store that had some supplies that would work. In all it worked out fine. We learned a little and had a great time together.

I was so grateful that I was included this year at camp. It was uplifting and memory making. Now if only I had pulled out the camera I brought along and actually took some pictures. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I found this penant during some construction work on our rental house in East Mesa. It looks like a memory that should be kept but was lost. If you can help me find the owner, I'd appreciate it. (Guess I can't upload a picture.) It says Strong and Courageous Boulder Creek Stake Girls Camp 2010. I entered that in google and your name popped up. Let me know if I can send you a picture of it somehow.

    ReplyDelete