Monday, October 4, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

2010 School Pictures are in...
needless to say I'm am a little disappointed and am sending 3 of the 4 back for retakes.
We seemed to have ended up with a good, a bad and a couple of uglies. I love my kids and I know school pictures are never the greatest, but this year takes the cake. I don't know if it's just my lack of photogenics or lack of skill on behalf of the photographer. The surprise is who I thought would be the worst is not. I expected Jared's to come back a mess, and yet his are the best in my opinion.
Judge for yourself. They get retaken on Wed. Here's hoping for better results.
Jared wins the prize for the best picture.
Who is this kid? Not my ever cute and smiley Aaron.
I've never seen a bad picture of Aaron until now.I think Tyler is too scared to smile. Now Tyler struggles to take a great picture sometimes, but this is one of the weirdest pictures of him I've ever seen. He told me they took it so fast he didn't have time to smile. I bet about 2 seconds later he had a great smile. 2 seconds, guaranteed.
And Jacob. Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. The last few years we've gotten some strange pictures out of this boy. But this one takes the cake. He has such a nice smile when we are not trying to get him to smile. Although I did get him to admit that this was a bad picture and he would like to try again.
I figured I needed to document these just in case they get worse on the 2nd try. I'm hoping for a better set soon. I know bad school pictures are just part of growing up. They are great to look back on and laugh at, but for once I'd like a nice set up on my wall for all to see. I have such handsome boys and just hope the camera can catch it. That's not too much to ask, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment