Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fathers & Sons Campout Highlights

5 sunburned boys just returned from the annual Fathers and Sons Campout. Joe took all 4 boys this year, along with my Dad. They went to Oak Flats campground, about 40 mins east of Mesa. The boys all came home with great stories of fun times.

Jacob enjoyed shooting the bb guns at water bottles and the empty pringles can.

Tyler enjoyed the 3-legged race he ran with Jacob.

Aaron enjoyed the Chicken chase. Yup, chickens. Someone brought up chickens then the boys tried to catch them. They even told the older boys that whomever caught one got to take it home. Good thing our boys didn't catch one. I don't believe Joe would have let them bring it home anyways.

Jared just seemed happy to be home. He went straight out the back yard without a word.

I was told that our boys did very well in the group games that were played. They cooked hot dogs and s'mores over the campfire last night and as Jacob told me, were the first to have the campfire going this morning. Jared and Jacob were up at the crack of dawn, 5:30am.

We are now in the process of washing all campfire smell away, as well as washing a layer of desert off these dirty boys. Sounds like a wonderful campout. I'm so glad I have a husband that is willing to take his 4 boys on these fun adventures. I'm sure these are memories that will last a lifetime.

...and I got a quiet night out with my Mom and some friends, and then slept in till 9am! I Love Fathers and Sons Campouts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment