Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mesa Citizens Police Academy

Last night I went to my first class in the Mesa Police Citizens Academy. I will go every Wed night from 6:30 to 10:00 and get to learn every aspect of the Mesa Police Department. This is a 11 week, 12 class experience. I get to go on a police ride along and have a day at the shooting range. I will get to tour the city jail and 3 of the 4 precincts in Mesa. I read in the paper about a citizen investigator pilot program and went looking for information about that and found the citizen academy. So I signed up.

We met last night at the police training center on Greenfield north of McKellips. We toured the facility, met the chiefs and other high ranks and learned about the hiring process. I will not kid you, by 9:30 my eyes wanted to shut. The lack of sleep from this last weekend is catching up with me. I'm excited about these classes. I'll post about my experiences as I go.

I know now that an afternoon nap every Wed is going to be necessary. Good thing I still make Jared take a daily nap, so I can have the excuse to lie down too.

1 comment: