Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My baby is all grown up!

I did it! I finally did it! I put my baby down for his nap is a "Big Boy" bed. Jared turned 2 this past July 15th and I have been trying to figure out when to take him out of his crib. The crib is great, I put him in it...he doesn't climb out of it...he goes to sleep. This happens both at nap time and bed time. Well today Jared kept pointing to the trundle bed under Aaron's bed. Yes this bed is going to be his bed and I tell him that to try and prepare him for it. So I got his pillow and blanket out of the crib and put it on the trundle bed. He layed down and began fake snoring. I layed on Aaron's bed to encourage him to stay still and go to sleep. After about 10 mins, and one reminder swat not to jump on the bed, he layed down and went to sleep. He has now been asleep for 2 1/2 hours! I know tonight may not be as easy and he may end up in his crib, but to me this is progress. I always start this process with naps and eventually move on to night time, but he's my baby and it has been a little harder preparing for this milestone. But I did it! I finally did it! My baby is all grown up. He can sleep in a big boy bed. Wish me luck tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment