Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Anniversary Fun...TPIR

So this Thursday, March 11th is our 15th Wedding Anniversary, (10 year Sealing Anniversary). We decided that we wanted to do something fun. Well...I've always wanted to go to a taping of The Price is Right....So we got tickets! Yeah, call me crazy. Or at least call Joe crazy for going along with my craziness. We are leaving this upcoming Sunday to try to get in on a taping Monday morning. Hence this post. I am asking all bloggers out there if they have any advice for us. I've read a few blogs here and there that say to get into line early, even as early as 1am, bring a chair, cards to play, etc. But I'm hoping that out there somewhere is someone who has lived it. I want information! I want to be as prepared as I can! So bring it on! PLEASE!

Also, I'll post some fun wedding pictures on Thursday in celebration of our big day.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Mark's older brother was on the Price is Right in the early 90's! He made it to the showcase showdown, but overbid and lost! He still walked away with some cool prizes! I'm sure he made it on the show because he is a NAVY Pilot, served in the Gulf War and came dressed in his NAVY Uniform. I emailed my friend, Nicole, who was at a taping a few months back and here is what she said:

    She will have so much fun....it's a long day, but worth it! The earlier the better to get there because that will secure you a place in the taping and an awesome seat, they give out more tickets than they have room for.
    Before you go into the taping there is an interview process that's done in like groups of 15 and that's where they decided on who to pick. I have no tips or tricks. We went on my bday, I had a bday girl shirt on and a tiara and still didn't get picked. They seem to like teachers, new grads, and such. I said I was an RN that could save anybodys life with my awsome CPR skills and that I could give good mouth to mouth...that obviously didn't work!!! LOL
    Tell her to have a GREAT time!!! Drew Carey is hilarious!!!

    Have fun Sherri and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I also found out that Nikki Enos went to TPIR in the 90's and gave me some great advice. The show will air on April 12th. So don't forget to set your DVR!

    ReplyDelete