Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just call me Gimp!

Joe and I are playing on a Co-Ed Softball team this season with my sister, Christine and her husband. It was been really fun to get out and play again. Last night was the 3rd game for the team, 2nd for us to attend. Nothing really exciting happened except I keep getting hurt one way or another. The first games we played in resulted in very sore muscles and a few bruises. Last night I took a ball off my ankle out in right field and then at my last at bat I somehow jammed my left big toenail and can barely walk this morning. When I got home I expected some blood for all the throbbing my toe was doing. So I removed the beautiful pedicure nail polish and found my toenail was blue! Yes, Blue! I tried to put some ice on it, but I can not express the amount of pain that caused. The slightest pressure was agonizing! This morning I got up for my 5:15 training session and could not get my foot in a shoe. I'm hoping a bit of rest will help it heal fast. At least it's not blue this morning, but it does look like I still have nail polish on the nail. It's an odd color, trust me. Here's hobbling! Just call me gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment