Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 3

Just a quick note....I keep saying that and then it goes on and on and on.....

Well not tonight. I'm exhausted. Great day for Jacob. He got moved to a regular room out of the picu (pediatric intensive care unit). He no longer has any iv's or ports. He is wearing regular clothes and eating regular food. We are in the process of him getting used to taking his insulin injections on different areas of his body. I had to administer the dinner one tonight on his belly. Let's just say it didn't go as easily as other times. I am getting better, for a 2nd time, my first was at lunch on his thigh...but he was freaked out and stressed and upset just talking about it. I would be too. He doesn't have hardly any fat on him so he feels a lot more that if he had a fatty place to put the needle in.

Needless to say, he is doing he best. He had lots of visitors today that kept him occupied. Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, grandparents, home teachers and good friends. Thank you to everyone. He walked me and boys out to the truck tonight just to get out an move around.

A good day. Progress. One day at a time.

See, I did keep it short!

1 comment:

  1. our thought and prayer are with you guys. It's so good to hear that things are looking up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete